Our MissionThe mission of Carrie Busey is to inspire a love of learning in an innovative, cooperative climate which empowers all students to be competent, productive, and caring citizens.
Our FocusWe work very hard to meet the intense academic, social, and emotional needs of each and every one of our students. We look critically at student learning in literacy, math, writing, science, social science, health, and the arts. We take a collaborative approach in meeting the needs of our students. We work in teams to assess learning that occurs and we respond to our children's learning with interventions and supports to strengthen the knowledge of all of our students. Students at Carrie Busey are also exposed to a strong program in childhood health and wellness. Children are educated and encouraged to eat healthy foods and remain active in order to build a strong foundation for their future wellness. Carrie Busey supports a very well-rounded educational experience for all students. Each of our staff members makes a special effort to meet the needs of all the students who attend our school. Additionally, our challenge is to provide these quality educational opportunities in an environment of high behavioral expectations.
Unit 4 News
- Celebrating National African American Parent Involvement Day (NAAPID) on February 12
- Announcing the Director of Magnet Schools
- Champaign Unit 4 School District Hires Two Capital Projects Managers
- Kindergarten registration happening now through March 29
- Mark Your Calendar: Kindergarten Registration Begins January 1, 2018