History

Named in honor of a longtime District employee, Carrie Busey Elementary School was first constructed in 1957 on an 11-acre tract of land on Kirby Avenue in Champaign. Additions were
built in 1963 and 1969. In 2012, Carrie Busey was relocated to the Village of Savoy. A brand new, state-of-the-art academic facility was built in the Prairie Fields subdivision, and the legacy of Carrie Busey carries on at the new location.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.